Clip in hair extensions are one of the most popular methods for installing hair extensions - and for good reason! They are fast, easy, and don't require a salon visit. As long as they are blended correctly, nobody will be able to tell you're wearing extensions. Most importantly, clip ins don't cause any damage to your natural hair.
Clip in hair extensions require very little maintenance. Depending on how often you wear them, a weekly wash and condition should do the trick. But what's the easiest way to wash them? You ask. Well we've made it super easy for you! Simply follow the steps below for best results.
1. Gather all of our clip ins and detangle them starting at the bottom and working your way up.
2. Once they're all detangled grab all of the hair so that the clips are facing towards your palm. Wrap a hair tie around the top to combine all of the hair extensions into one bundle. If your extensions are thicker, it may be easier to create two bundles so that it's easier to wash.
3. Use warm water to rinse the hair thoroughly and apply a conditioning shampoo. Avoid rubbing the hair vigorously back and forth. Instead gently run your fingers through the hair from top to bottom, avoiding the clips.
4. Next, apply your conditioner. Let your hair extensions sit in the sink with the extensions for 2-4 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
5. Use an old T-shirt to soak up any access water. Remove the hair tie and lay the extensions our flat on a towel to air dry. It takes about 6-9 hours for them to dry depending on how thick they are.
You will be left with clean and bouncy hair extensions that are ready to be styled and installed.